What it is
In this film adaptation of the Newbery Honor Book by Patricia Reilly Giff, Academy Award® winner Sissy Spacek (Coal Miner's Daughter, Hallmark Hall of Fame's A Place for Annie) headlines an all-star cast including Academy Award® nominee and multiple Emmy® winner Alfre Woodard (Hallmark Hall of Fame's The Piano Lesson and The Water Is Wide), Tony Award® winner Judith Ivey (Hallmark Hall of Fame's Decoration Day and What the Deaf Man Heard) and James Tupper (Men in Trees). Jodelle Ferland (The Secret of Hidden Lake) performs the title role. Abandoned at birth and described as a mountain of trouble, 12-year-old Hollis Woods has a history of running away from her foster homes. Edna (Woodard), a patient, persistent and sometimes exasperated social worker, finally places Hollis in the home of Josie Cahill (Spacek), a retired art teacher whose house and yard are filled with her own creations. Josie immediately takes to Hollis and is delighted to discover that Hollis is an artist herself. Responding to Josie's warmth and openness, Hollis begins to feel she's finally found a place to call home; but her idyll is interrupted when she realizes that Josie is becoming increasingly forgetful and confused. As Josie's condition worsens, Hollis becomes Josie's caregiver, and to make sure Edna doesn't intervene, she attempts the desperate maneuver of escaping with Josie to a very special hideaway.
- Starring Sissy Spacek, Alfre Woodard, Judith Ivey, James Tupper and Jodelle Ferland.
- Includes "Making of" featurette, behind-the-scenes interview, biographies, credits and production story.
- Full-screen version; closed captioned.
- Approx. 110 minutes running time.
- Originally aired 12/02/07.
Our service and delivery
- We’ll send you an email letting you know your order has been shipped by FedEx Ground. Your email will include tracking information.
- If you need your order delivered quickly, Hallmark can send it via FedEx 2-Day Air or FedEx Standard Overnight for an additional charge.
- FedEx does not deliver to post office (PO) boxes, U.S. territories or Overseas Military Mail (APO/FPO) addresses.
- Saturday delivery and Priority Overnight options are not available from FedEx.