What it is
Lois Wilson was a woman of great inner strength and determination. Together, Lois and Bill Wilson started movements that have helped millions of people around the world. And together, they’ve given the world an inspiring love story. The two met and fell in love, then married following Bill’s return from World War I. Despite concerns over Bill’s drinking, Lois believed he was destined for greatness. She believed her love and support would eventually persuade Bill to quit drinking. When he finally attained sobriety, he poured his time and energy into helping other drunks, which led to the founding of Alcoholics Anonymous. Lois felt resentment that her patience and devotion were not acknowledged. When she discovered the wives of other alcoholics experienced the same anger and frustration, Lois learned her own experience could be invaluable in helping families of other problem drinkers. This was the beginning of Al-Anon.
- Starring Winona Ryder and Barry Pepper.
- Includes "Making of" featurette, behind-the-scenes interview, biographies, credits and production story.
- Wide-screen version; closed captioned.
- Approx. 110 minutes running time.
- Originally aired 4/25/10.
- Learn more about Bill and Lois Wilson in the DVD My Name is Bill W.
Our service and delivery
- We’ll send you an email letting you know your order has been shipped by FedEx Ground. Your email will include tracking information.
- If you need your order delivered quickly, Hallmark can send it via FedEx 2-Day Air or FedEx Standard Overnight for an additional charge.
- FedEx does not deliver to post office (PO) boxes, U.S. territories or Overseas Military Mail (APO/FPO) addresses.
- Saturday delivery and Priority Overnight options are not available from FedEx.